Friday 9 March 2012

An experiment - My first design

My kindle and I were sitting dejectedly as I was unable to find the right dress for the Kindle. After lugging the cardboard box with the Kindle in it for a few trips, I decided it was high time that I got a cover for my Kindle.

I was determined to stitch a Kindle cover with old scrap material. But that did not seem like a viable option. After sitting and thinking for a bit, I decided that I wanted to make a cover just like the one that my friend Vishnu had for his Galaxy Tab. 

With the design in mind, I dug up three shades of green yarn that I could use to fashion the cover. I reached my hostel and spent some time on figuring out what I would do.

I began with one basic pattern that I knew and stitched one stretch with a green yarn. I completed the first portion of my Kindle cover.



I was stuck. I wasn't sure on how I would proceed. A few days later I came home. As I sat idly, I visualized what I wanted to do next with my cover. With the idea in my mind, I began to weave a pattern and, Voila.....




I began stitching furiously taking up one color and then the other. At the end of the day, I was exhausted but I had completed my cover. With excitement bursting through me, I showed my mom the cover that I made. 





In a few days from now, as I complete my course, I will sit down and pen the pattern that I used and simultaneously make another cover for my brother.....

Here's to my first big pattern and to the hope that the next one is finer than this one....


4 comments:

  1. so ur MBA was a waste of time. U shld hv been in NID

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope not...May be I can use this in a business way as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namita

    make one for my ipad as well deeps

    ReplyDelete